June 12, 2023 – HHS Takes Additional Action to Keep People Covered as States Resume Medicaid, CHIP Renewals. See below for additional information and resources for stakeholders, including a partner call to action, webinars, and a variety of resources designed to aid in the enrollment renewal process.
- CMS Press Release: HHS Takes Additional Action to Keep People Covered as States Resume Medicaid, CHIP Renewals
- Secretary Letter to Governors: This letter discusses HHS’ role in monitoring progress and enforcing compliance as well as flexibilities available for states to help ensure the process runs smoothly.
- Strategies to Prevent Procedural Terminations: This document describes multiple strategies states are encouraged to adopt to streamline renewals during the Unwinding period, minimize terminations for procedural reasons, and quickly reenroll eligible families who have lost coverage. It also highlights several new strategies CMS has recently made available to states.
- All Hands On-Deck: This fact sheet includes an update on Unwinding and strategies to help keep people covered.
PARTNER CALL TO ACTION
We are calling on states, members of Congress, the health care industry, community organizations, advocacy coalitions, and other public and private partners to do everything in their power to help people stay covered. Read more: All Hands On Deck: What YOU Can Do
NEW: MEDICAID.GOV UPDATES AND PARTNER RESOURCES
The Outreach and Educational Resources Page on Medicaid.gov/Unwinding has been updated to make it easier for partners to locate resources. Each resource includes recommendations on how they can be used to educate people about Medicaid and CHIP renewals. With the website update, you can find new resources for kids and families, fraud/scams, and educational videos included below.
Messaging and Resources for Kids and Families
- Post Card for Kids with Medicaid or CHIP (English and Spanish)
- Fillable Post Card for Kids with Medicaid or CHIP (English and Spanish)
- Post Card for Renewing Kids’ Medicaid or CHIP (English and Spanish)
- Fillable Post Card for Renewing Kids’ Medicaid or CHIP (English and Spanish)
Resources on Fraud/Scams
Note: These videos can be used through February 22, 2024 and they cannot be used as PSAs.
Don’t Wait! Update! Get Ready to Renew Your Medicaid or CHIP Coverage (:30 Seconds):
Don’t Wait! Update! Get Ready to Renew Your Medicaid or CHIP Coverage (:15 Seconds):
Don’t Wait! Update! Get Ready to Renew Your Medicaid or CHIP Coverage (:06 Seconds):
UPCOMING PARTNER WEBINARS
HHS and CMS continue to host a series of monthly webinars on Medicaid and CHIP Continuous Enrollment Unwinding to educate partners. Topics covered during the webinar vary each month. Webinars take place the fourth Wednesday of each month from 12:00pm – 1:00pm ET. Register for upcoming webinars through September 2023 here.
Recordings, transcripts, and slides from past webinars can be found on the CMS National Stakeholder Calls webpage.