March 15, 2023 – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosts Medicaid and CHIP Continuous Enrollment Unwinding: What to Know and How to Prepare partner education webinar. Access the webinar recording and other CMS resources below.
Partner Education Webinar
Access February 22, 2023, webinar recording and transcript here.
Register here for all upcoming webinar dates.
2023 Webinar Dates:
- March 22, 2023 @ 12:00pm ET
- April 26, 2023 @ 12:00pm ET
- May 24, 2023 @ 12:00pm ET
- June 28, 2023 @ 12:00pm ET
Resources Shared During February 22nd Partner Education Webinar
A series of resources were shared during the February 22nd webinar on Medicaid to Marketplace transition process for individuals that are no longer eligible for Medicaid. Check out the CMS Unwinding resources below, as well as resources from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) on upcoming changes to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
CMS Unwinding Resources
- Unwinding Homepage: The centralized location where states and stakeholders can learn more about Unwinding and access resources to help them plan and prepare.
- Medicaid and CHIP Renewals Page: A webpage designed for people enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP to help them prepare to renew their coverage when states restart eligibility renewals.
- Unwinding Communications Toolkit: The Unwinding Communications Toolkit provides key messages and materials for states and stakeholders to use when communicating with their networks about Medicaid and CHIP Continuous Enrollment Unwinding. The toolkit is available in both English and Spanish. Some outreach materials have also been translated to Chinese, Hindi, Korean, Tagalog, and Vietnamese.
- Unwinding Toolkit Supporting Materials: This folder contains outreach materials for partners, including flyers, postcards, tear pads, conference cards, and the new Tip Sheet featured in the toolkit.
- Unwinding Speaking Request Form: Submit a request to have someone from HHS or CMS speak about Unwinding at an upcoming event.
- Unwinding Special Enrollment Period – Frequently Asked Questions: On January 31, 2023, CMS released information on a temporary Exceptional Circumstances Special Enrollment Period (SEP) for consumers losing Medicaid or CHIP coverage due to unwinding of the Medicaid continuous enrollment condition.
Additional CMS Resource
- Find Local Help Webpage
- Certified Application Counselor Designated Organization (CDO) Program Information
- Information on the Medicare Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
USDA Food and Nutrition Service Resources
- Landing Page on Upcoming Changes to SNAP Benefits
- Latest Blog from FNS Administrator Cindy Long on the End of SNAP Emergency Allotments
- State and Local Agency Contact Information
- FNS’s State Guidance on the End of the Federal Public Health Emergency (PHE)
- Information on Free or Reduced-Price School Meals
- Information on the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Recently Released CMS Resource
On March 2, 2023, CMS posted the anticipated state timelines for initiating unwinding-related renewals as of February 24, 2023. This chart details the expected first month for each state/territory’s unwinding-